2023-24 Instructor Application & Course Proposals
Thank you for your interest in being an instructor at Renaissance School of the Arts and sharing your knowledge and talents with our vibrant inclusive community! RSA's instructors are a vital part of our vision of empowering the next generation of creators, innovators, and collaborators.
Before submitting your application, please look over RSA's Member Handbook and Instructor Addendum for information about RSA, and expectations of instructors. If you have questions, please email RSA's Director of Human Resources, Shannon Johnson, at [email protected].
- Renaissance School of the Arts is an inclusive, arts-focused community of families; providing social opportunities and secular classes for homeschoolers and others since 2004.
- RSA embraces diversity, welcoming members and instructors without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or differing abilities.
- RSA's in-person classes are held in North Suffolk, VA on either Tuesdays or Thursdays. We are also open to off-site classes in the Hampton Roads area, and online classes.
- RSA's instructors are independent contractors, not employees of RSA, and as such are responsible for their own taxes.
- RSA's school year typically runs from the second week of September through the end of April, with a fall break the week of Thanksgiving, winter break from mid-December through the first week of January, and spring break week in March.
- Submitting a Proposal does not guarantee that a class will be offered. Should you be offered a teaching slot, you agree to do a Background Check arranged by RSA (if not done previously), and pay an annual instructor fee of $30 to cover administrative expenses.
- RSA instructors may also be asked to donate their time, skills, and services in the form of (for example) assistance at RSA-sponsored special events like recitals, art shows and the end of the year Variety Show. Specific details will be provided at the time you are offered a class (or classes).
- Proposals for arts-related classes are especially welcomed, including, but not limited to, those that approach academic subjects from an arts perspective.
RSA's instructor/course proposal process consists of 2 parts:
1) The Instructor Application Form
2) The Course Proposal Form, which you will fill out for each class you are interested in teaching.
The Priority Deadline for submitting these forms is January 31, 2023. Our class selection committee will give scheduling preference to proposals submitted by this deadline; late proposals will be considered if there are schedule openings.